Salem Presbyterian Church was organized June 19, 1836. Today, 175 active members enjoy a stability that has been characteristic of Salem throughout its history, as evidenced by the fact that in 170 years we have only had 8 pastors and 8 treasurers. Our sanctuary is the 4th one to be built on the premises, the 1st being a log church and the 3rd having burned to the ground in 1939. The dark wooden Gothic arches of the ceiling are complemented by the beautiful stained glass windows on both sides of the sanctuary and at the rear. A pipe organ accents the front of the church directly behind the split chancel.